Paros has always been the place to find beauty.
This small island has a timeless natural beauty that can’t be replicated. It’s world-renowned for its picturesque landscapes and crystal-clear waters.
But its beauty runs deeper. In ancient times, it was found in its unmatched white marble. Today, its exquisite resorts, fine dining, and charming architecture have an irresistible allure.
It’s an island for those who want to experience the true essence of the Greek islands.
Let’s take a closer look at this natural wonder of an island…
What do you know about Paros?
This small Greek island, located in the Aegean Sea, is part of the Cyclades island group. It shares this beautiful blue sea with its popular island neighbors, Santorini and Mykonos.
Paros has a rich history and cultural heritage. It’s famous for its pristine beaches, crystal clear waters, and picturesque villages.
And you feel it as you wander the narrow streets taking in the scenery, museums, and galleries.
Paros, the chic Cycladic island
Iconic whitewashed houses, narrow alleys, and stunning churches speak to the island’s rich history.
However, Paros is also home to some of the most exclusive resorts, high-end restaurants, and the most stunning luxury yachts, too.
Paros pulls off that nearly impossible balance of unspoiled natural beauty, old-world charm and modern luxury with unwavering grace.
The 5 Top Attractions
Where to start on this beautiful sun-drenched island?
Here are five of our favorites…
· Parikia, the capital of Paros and the island’s main port, is a beautiful town. Stroll through its stone alleys. Charming architecture complete with colorful shutters and flower-covered arches, draw you in as you work your way to the Panagia Ekatontapiliani, a Byzantine church complex dating back to the 4th century.
· The Byzantine Castle, a stunning landmark, offers breathtaking views of the island. It has been beautifully preserved over the years and is in stunning condition for being built in the 13th century. For photographers, this stop is a delight.
· The Ancient Marble Quarries, provide a unique historical perspective. The marble from the quarries was used to build some of the most iconic structures and statures in Greece. They make for an interesting walk.
· Naoussa, is a picturesque fishing village on Paros island’s northern coast. It is famous for its traditional architecture, colorful fishing boats, and fresh seafood. Naoussa also has a vibrant nightlife, with many bars and clubs that stay open until dawn.
· The Butterfly Valley, a stunning natural reserve, is home to hundreds of species of butterflies. Nestled into the ancient olive groves and ruins, it is an experience.
Swim at the most beautiful beaches
Paros has some of the most beautiful beaches in the Cyclades.
And each has a personality.
· Golden Beach is sporty. The long, sandy beach is perfect for windsurfing and other watersports.
· Santa Maria Beach is secluded, its stunning views and clear waters are soothing.
· Kolymbithres is unique, with granite rock formations creating natural swimming pools to explore.
Paros has many beaches, and our OCEDA crew will help you pick the best beach for your mood.
Savor the traditional flavors of Paros
Paros island offers a culinary experience that is second to none, which is a unique blend of traditional Greek and Mediterranean flavors.
You’ll likely find favorite dishes like these, Octopus with Fava, a traditional dish that is made with tender octopus, cooked in a tomato-based sauce, and served with creamy fava beans.
Or Seafood Spaghetti. You’ll find this popular dish made with fresh seafood, such as squid, mussels, and prawns, cooked in a delicious tomato-based sauce and served with al dente spaghetti.
Another local favorite is souvlaki. Grilled meat, such as pork or chicken, is served on a skewer with pita bread and tzatziki sauce.
Find all the hidden spots & secrets of the cosmopolitan Paros
Paros island, even as popular as it is, is still full of hidden gems and secret spots. There are plenty of delights awaiting to be discovered by you.
To get off the beaten path, find one of the many hiking trails that stretch across the island. These trails connect some of the most significant landmarks and monuments, and along the way, you’ll be treated by the most amazing views of the Aegean Sea.
Other lesser-known gems include the Monastery of Agios Antonios, which houses some of Greece’s most beautiful Byzantine frescoes.
For those looking for something more daring, try jumping off the Kolymbithres cliffs into the crystal clear waters of the Aegean Sea.
A less dare-level day can be to uncover local olive oils, honey and artisan jewelry in the Parikia Market.
Social & nightlife to remember
Paros has a lively social and nightlife scene that will leave you with unforgettable memories.
Magaya is a popular beach bar that is located in Parikia. The bar is famous for its stunning setting, delicious cocktails, and excellent music, making it the perfect destination to relax and enjoy the beach.
Or, visit the vibrant atmosphere in Naoussa. You’ll find lively nightclubs like Sante Cocktail Bar. Clubs and little beach bars with famous DJs make dancing on the sand under the moon easy.
Whether you’re looking for a romantic night out or an epic party with friends, Paros knows how to capture the moment.
Level up your experience with OCEDA services
At OCEDA, we specialize in providing luxury yacht charters for clients who want to experience the beauty of Greece in the most stylish and comfortable way possible.
Our fleet of mega and super yachts is designed to provide the ultimate luxury experience. Our experienced crew members will take care of your every need.
With our luxury yacht charters, you can explore the stunning islands of Greece in style and comfort, with the freedom to choose your own itinerary and activities.
Whether you want to relax on the beaches, explore the hidden gems, or party in the most exclusive clubs, we can tailor your experience to your preferences and make sure you have the time of your life.
Experience one of Greece’s island gems and remember that booking with OCEDA is easy.